Ogilvy PR Australia’s Group Managing Director – Corporate, Susan Redden-Makatoa, has been elevated as a Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA).
The National Board recently accepted the recommendation of the College of Fellows that she be given this honour. Elevation to Fellowship is one of the highest honours awarded by the PRIA.
A Fellow of PRIA is person who has:
• at least 10 years full-time professional public relations experience
• had senior status in public relations practice or public relations education on a full-time basis for at least 5 years
• who, having been a Full Member, has in the opinion of PRIA’s Board of Directors made an outstanding contribution to the public relations profession through excellence in achievements and adherence to the highest professional standards
The assessment criteria includes:
• Excellence in achievements and adherence to the highest professional standards
• Service to PRIA
• Pro-bono service to community organisations
Nominations for Fellowship are closely scrutinised at a State, College, and then National level. Susan received her certificate at the Annual dinner of the College of Fellows in conjunction with the PRIA National Conference in Hobart last night.
“As a big believer in the talent and diversity in the public relations industry in Australia, becoming a Fellow is a massive honour. I’ll be making it my priority to keep working with my peers and the emerging stars I’m seeing around me so that communications professionals are contributing at every level.
“It’s inspiring to see the big, bold campaigns coming from my colleagues at Ogilvy PR and PRIA members using new technologies and clever ideas. I’m excited to be there when people are breaking new ground,” Susan said.