What we do
We use our networks within the business and political community to gain critical insights and intelligence that inform the strategies we shape for our clients.
As an independent agent, Parker & Partners is able to conduct a level of dialogue with departmental officials which is inaccessible to the companies we represent.
Our team continually monitors and liaises across government, media and business to build intelligence and give timely insights into not just what is happening, but why and what it means.
The art of good public affairs is centered in establishing credibility with stakeholders and using that earned position to influence public policy. Every business and organisation is impacted by government decisions yet most don’t have the specific skills or the resources to manage this critical relationship or influence critical policy outcomes – Parker & Partners do.
Our practice areas
As you’d expect from a full service public affairs agency, we offer a range of services to ensure our campaigns are comprehensive and deliver results.
Federal and State government engagement, lobbying, regulatory affairs and policy
Our team has detailed knowledge of, and access to, key networks including ministerial offices, parliamentarians, advisers, bureaucracy, regulators, press galleries, specialist media, industry and community groups, and other agenda setters.
We have a long track-record and a deep capacity to work with the federal, state and territory governments, oppositions and minor parties and the broader infrastructure of government. We combine our access and knowledge of government processes with intelligent strategies, insights and influence to deliver good advice and effective campaigns.
We help our clients to:
- Identify the decision-makers who influence their issues in all facets of government
- Monitor issues and devise and execute strategies to influence outcomes and achieve policy change
- Develop and communicate their position on policy
- ‘Frame the case’ for policy change
- Gather intelligence and understand the direction being taken by individuals, political parties and bureaucracies
- Form alliances to jointly advocate for policy change
- Take a thought-leadership position on a key issue
- Assess opportunities to attract public funding and assist procurement processes
Crises and threats to your reputation can take a while to emerge, or strike quickly and without warning. Either way, when the tough stuff hits, you’ll want the best in the business by your side.
Drawing on our crisis management experience, our team delivers an integrated approach that tackles corporate client challenges on all fronts – and that’s what makes us different. opr ICU team members are seasoned former political staffers, business advocates, journalists, trainers, social media and corporate reputation specialists. We’re known for our straight talking, practical approach and for the results we achieve.
The opr ICU are adept in managing the most complex of crises – political, regulatory, legal, industrial, structural, physical, environmental and social.
We work with you to identify and mitigate reputational risks, plan, monitor and train for crises, work with you to manage crises, and support you when you’re in recovery mode.
opr ICU is ready to swing into action and you can reach us 24/7 on 02 8281 3285.
- How they approach public affairs and communications
- What resources they invest in public affairs activity
- Who and how to target key decision makers and influencers
- When and how to engage (or not)
We understand the big strategic questions are rarely resolved quickly – they require attention, persistence and constant review. We have a strong track record of working with CEOs, executive teams and boards to provide independent guidance and help navigate an array of organisational issues, policy challenges and continual change.
Our experienced team, including former journalists and media professionals, train and prepare our clients with the skills and experience needed to deliver their message and manage their public profile.
We not only train executives, spokespeople and frontline personnel, we also offer extensive media management experience to help organisations build robust media procedures and maintain media readiness.
- Acted as designated media spokespeople for major announcements, short-term projects or years-long assignments
- Designed and executed communications strategies for events, announcements and change exercises
- Developed media, public relations and issues management protocols and guides
- Provided in-house support for clients when needed
- Organised media events and roadshows
- Advised on the establishment of in-house capabilities
The reputation of any organisation can be influenced by external third-party stakeholders – that is, anyone who may have an interest in, or can influence the organisation, an issue, or a brand, or who will be affected by an outcome.
- Governments and parliamentarians
- Government departments and regulators
- Trade unions
- Industry and special interest groups
- Opinion leaders
- Customers and suppliers
- The public
Parker & Partners use an array of proven methods and techniques to audit, profile, analyse and plan strategic stakeholder engagement campaigns. Good intelligence, genuine engagement and strategic approaches inform our approach and deliver unmatched results.
We prepare our clients to:
- Manage government relationships and meetings
- Better understand their media and stakeholder environment
- Make live media appearances or stakeholder announcements
- Write clearly and effectively
- Manage issues and crisis situations
Examples of what we’ve done for our clients:
- Preparing a CEO and board members for media appearances regarding a contentious company acquisition
- Training senior resource sector executives to manage government relations on their company’s major developments
- Equipping managers to prepare and respond to issues arising from a factory closure and embedding this knowledge into Business Continuity Planning for the organisation
- Helping senior executives in technical roles to communicate clear and credible messages associated with a major announcement about product sustainability